- Foucault, Douglass, Fanon, and Scotus in Dialogue: On Social Construction and Freedom (Palgrave Macmillan 2013 and part of the series, New Approaches to Religion and Power, edited by Joerg Rieger). To view a sample chapter on the Palgrave Macmillam page, click here.
- “Frantz Fanon and the Négritude Movement: How Strategic Essentialism Subverts Manichean Binaries” (forthcoming, Callaloo: Journal of African Diaspora)
- “Unearthing Consonances in Foucault’s Account of Greco-Roman Self-Writing and Christian Technologies of the Self,” (forthcoming, Heythrop Journal 2013).
- “Racism,” New Catholic Encyclopedia Supplement 2012-13: Ethics and Philosophy. Eds. Robert Fastiggi and Joseph Koterski, S. J. 4 vols. Detroit: Gale, forthcoming 2013.
- “Philosophy of Music,” New Catholic Encyclopedia Supplement 2012-13: Ethics and Philosophy. Eds. Robert Fastiggi and Joseph Koterski, S. J. 4 vols. Detroit: Gale, forthcoming 2013.
- “Resistance is Not Futile: Frederick Douglass on Panoptic Plantations and the Un-Making of Docile Bodies and Enslaved Souls,” Philosophy and Literature 35.2 (2011): 251–68. DOI: 10.1353/phl.2011.0018.
- “Resistance Through Re-Narration: Fanon on De-constructing Racialized Subjectivities,” (African Identities: Journal of Economics, Culture, and Society 9:4 (Dec. 2011): 363–85. DOI:10.1080/14725843.2011.614410.
- “What Has Coltrane to Do With Mozart: The Dynamism and Built-in Flexibility of Music,” Expositions Vol 3 No 1 (August 2009): 57-71.
- “St. Augustine on Text and Reality (and a Little Gadamerian Spice),” Heythrop Journal Vol 50 issue 1 (Jan. 09): 98-108.
- Hearing the Other’s Voice: How Gadamer’s Fusion of Horizons and Open-Ended Understanding Respects the Other and Puts One’s Self in Question (unpublished)
- Buccola, Nicholas. The Political Thought of Frederick Douglass: In Pursuit of American Liberty. New York: New York University, 2012 (forthcoming, Review of Politics, 2012).
- Kolbet, Paul R. Augustine and the Cure of Souls: Revising a Classical Ideal. Notre Dame, IN: University of Notre Dame Press, 2010 (Speculum 2012).
- Jeremy S. Begbie. Resounding Truth: Christian Wisdom in the World of Music. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2007. (American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly 84:1 (Winter 2010): 166-68).
- Edward T. Oakes (ed.). The Cambridge Companion to Hans urs Von Balthasar. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. (American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly, Issue No. 2, Vol. 82, (Spring 2008), pp. 374-378).
- Louis Dupré. The Enlightenment and the Intellectual Foundations of Modern Culture (New Haven: Yale Univ. Press, 2004). [Philotheos 6 (2006)].
- James K.A. Smith. Who’s Afraid of Postmodernism? Taking Derrida, Lyotard, and Foucault to Church. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2006. (American Catholic Philosophical Quarterly, Issue No. 4, Vol. 80, Fall 2006, pp. 642-646).
- Jean-Luc Marion. Being Given. Stanford: Stanford Univ. Press, 2002. (Ars Disputandi: The Online Journal for Philosophy of Religion, Vol. 5 (2005), http://www.ArsDisputandi.org. ISSN 1566-5399).